June 08, 2010

The Orangery, South Kensington, London


I wasn't intending for this blog to include international places, but because of some exciting news, we've just gone global with this inaugural entry.  Huzzah! [yes, I know London is not on the Euro, but it's still exciting nonetheless! Book your flights to Europe, stat. I should speak for myself...]

Given the splendidness of London, it's rather unfortunate how poorly its food fares (excluding Indian food; Brick Lane = YUMZ). That said, one thing that I have, and will always love is the general affinity for afternoon tea -- tea with digestives, crumpets, scones with clotted cream & jam, or just tea alone. Even the standard PG Tips tea is delicious!  

Since the Brits highly value their teatime, the wide variety of places for afternoon tea is unsurprising.  Among the choices include: hotels (the Langham, Berkeley, Ritz, Park Lane, Lanesborough, and Dorchester) and of course the world-famous Harrod's, but my personal fave is The Orangery at Kensington Palace. Sounds mighty hoity-toity, no? Well... it is (ha). But being in wonderful South Kensington -- a borough I was able to call my own for a period far too short -- and with afternoons spent in amazing company, I made it my tea go-to. So if you're ever in the area, I recommend you check it out!
Cheerio!~

specialty: Afternoon tea (but lunch also available)
location: South Kensington, London, UK
website: { the orangery
cost: ££


ps - Wah, I miss Londontown!