June 07, 2010

Cafe Habana... Malibu!



One lovely spring / on-the-brink-of-summer night, while roaming the streets of New York, I came across a place that elevated my taste for grilled corn on the cob to a whole new level.
Hello Cafe Habana, and welcome to my life.

Now thanks to Sean, the delicious corn has not only arrived to the best coast, but has found its home in Malibu, no less! You da man!

After a full day at the beach, my buddy and I stopped by to satisfy a quick corn craving and to watch the 2nd half of a rather disappointing Game 2 (I'll rant elsewhere). The corn, however, made it all okay. Be warned though; the cotija cheese slathered on the corn is pretty distinct in flavor, so if you're not a fan of pungent cheeses, you might not be a fan of the corn. But if you're not a fan of the corn, we may have to reconsider our friendship... jk! Sorta. ;)


View Larger Map

cuisine: Cuban-inspired
location: Malibu, CA
website: { habana! }{ menus }
good for: L, D
cost: $7 - $20